It’s still sort of the dog days of PGA golf right now as the 2016-2017 season is still young, and the first major is some five months away when The Masters returns in April, 2017.
This week’s RSM Classic features a full 156 player field who will battle at the Sea Island Resort in Saint Simons Island, Georgia. Round 1 is played on the Plantation Course, and rounds 2-4 are on the Seaside Course, so it’s an interesting two course combination again this year. This week will have a cut line with the top 70 players plus ties making it to the weekend, and there is an MDF after round 3 too. The defending champ is Kevin Kisner.
I have put together my favorite 5 picks and top 5 sleepers for this week’s tournament for your DraftKings lineup(s), plus added in the salaries for all players too.
Feel free to debate my selections below with a comment, or add your favorite player if you don’t see him on the list but can foresee see him contending or being a solid value pick this week. If you get value here then please share this article on Twitter and Facebook. Thanks, and good luck everyone.
- Chris Kirk ($11,300) – Has 4 top 10’s in his last five starts, and is coming off a 7th at the OHL Classic at Mayakoba. Won here in 2013, was 4th in 2014, and 18th last year. Is a strong contender again this week.
2. Kevin Chappell ($10,200) – Hasn’t dazzled just yet in his first two starts of the season with a 45th, and a 35th, but was runner up here last year, and 8th in 2014. Is 4/4 at this course, with his worst finish being a 43rd in 2012.
3. Bill Haas ($9,800) – Is coming off a 4th at the WGC – HSBC Champions, so his game is in good form. Earned a 2nd here in 2010, and was 33rd here last year.
4. Kevin Kisner ($9,300) – Hasn’t missed a cut since June, and is the defending champ here. Was 4th in 2014, and is 4/5 for cuts made here, his worst finish when playing on the weekend was 26th.
5. Russell Henley ($9,900) – Has a 4th and a 6th in the last two years here, and in his last start he finished 24th thanks to a 63 in his 3rd round. Another top 10 is a very good possibility this week.
Top 5 value players for this week with a salary of $7,000 or less:
- Chad Campbell ($6,300) – I believe he’s undervalued this week as he’s made five straight cuts, and was 9th here last year. Has only missed the cut here once in his last 6 starts, and his finishes range from 7th to 41st.
2. Stewart Cink ($6,900) – Has back to back 15th’s, and has made the cut here the past two years.
3. Nick Taylor ($6,100) – Has made three straight cuts, and last week he earned a 15th with consistent scores each round.
4. Kyle Reifers ($6,700) – Before last week he made 6 straight cuts, and is 3/4 at this tournament for cuts made, with a 15th in 2012.
5. Troy Merritt ($6,800) – Is 3/3 so far this season, two going for top 15th’s.
My main lineup in DraftKings this week as of right now, with $300 in the budget to spare: Kevin Chappell ($10,200), Kevin Kisner ($9,300), John Huh ($8,300), Jamie Lovemark ($8,000), Robert Streb ($7,600), and Chad Campbell ($6,300).
Don’t yet have a daily fantasy sports account yet on FanDuel or DraftKings? Get in the game! You can get up and running in seconds, just sign up on FanDuel or you can get an account on DraftKings now.